Friday, September 22 — Sunday, September 24, 2017
Tournament Playing Rules
These rules may be updated without notice. Please check these rules just prior to the tournament’s first game to ensure you have the most recent changes.
- USA Softball RI rules will be followed for all games, except as noted below.
- Slashing (faking a bunt, pulling the bat back and taking a full swing) is NOT allowed.
- Metal cleats NOT allowed in 12U. They ARE allowed in 14U.
- Higher-seeded team will have choice of home team throughout elimination bracket play.
- The winning team is responsible to submit the score, immediately following the game, to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to the facility hospitality tent.
Additional notes: Following each game, please ensure the dugout and spectator area are clean.
If inclement weather or other conditions impede the normal progress of the tournament, the Tournament Director reserves the right to change the tournament format in order to achieve the maximum number of games played or to declare an order of finish. Should the tournament be cancelled entirely due to inclement weather, the registration fee will be returned per USA Softball RI rules.
Check-in at the facility hospitality tent (each facility has one) at least one (1) hour prior to first tournament game.
- At least one coach must be ACE certified.
- Emergency team contact phone.
- Signed ASA Roster/Waiver. Non-rostered players are ineligible to participate.
- Copy of insurance certificate.*
- Player birth certificates must be on-hand if requested. Failiure to produce the birth certificate may result in the player being disqualified.
*Each team is responsible for their own insurance. The Cranston Ravens, the city of Cranston, the softball facilities in use for the tournament, tournament directors and the umpires assume no responsibility for insurance or injury.
Team & Spectator Conduct
NO alcohol, smoking*, harassment of the umpires or opposing players, fighting, or unfair tactics will be tolerated. Managers are expected to control them- selves, players, coaches and spectators. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the game and/or ejection from the tournament. *Smoking is only permitted in parking or designated areas.
No noise-makers allowed (horns, bells, whistles, etc.).